BAYweb is a web site to operate your web devices. The BAYweb service is provided by Bay Controls, LLC. Maumee, OH 43537, USA. This policy describes the types of personal information we process and store, how we use it to provide the BAYweb service and what we will do and not do with your information.
In the course of providing this service BAYweb sends, receives and often stores personal information that you have elected to give us access to, such as your name, address, and email address. For example, if an alert condition is detected, an email is sent to the email addresses you have provided. All the processing, storage and transmission of your personal information we do is related to our providing the service and is done for no other reason.
In addition to the personal information you provide, BAYweb automatically acquires data from your web devices in order to provide the features and functions of the service. We use this data to provide the service to you, and we also aggregate the data. The aggregated data is not related or traceable to your personal information. The aggregated data is used to improve the service and may be used for other purposes, such as energy research. Bay Controls, LLC is the sole owner of the data acquired from the BAYweb web site and associated web devices.
By using BAYweb, you agree to the processing and storage of your personal information and acquired data as described in this policy.
What we do and do not do
- We store a subset of your information in our databases where necessary to provide the service to you.
- Our databases are archived in order to assure reliable service in the event of a server failure. Off-site archives are transmitted encrypted.
- We only store your information when it is necessary to do so in order to provide the service. That is, we do not needlessly accumulate your information on our servers.
- We process your information on our servers in order to provide the service. As a consequence of the processing your information may be held for a time in the memory of our servers and in log files that we use to verify correct operation of the service. This information is purged when no longer needed and to recover disk space. We do not archive log files containing personal information.
- We maintain data acquired from web devices in our databases in order to provide the service. This data is aggregated without personal information and maintained indefinitely.
- The BAYweb service uses encryption when sending personal information to and from our service. The communication between your web devices and our service are encrypted.
- We will never rent, sell or share your information without your express permission.
- We may release your information to law enforcement entities provided they can prove to us that they have jurisdiction and proper legal authority to demand that we do so.
- You can update your account information and preferences at any time.
- You can revoke our access to your information at any time.
- You may delete your account and associated information at any time (see below).
What types of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
- BAYweb account information: When you register with BAYweb, we will request some personal information, including your first and last name, email address, a user name, and password to create your account. You are not required to provide your address. We use your name only to greet you personally if we need to communicate with you. Your user name, e-mail address and password are required to provide the service.
- Trace and debug log data: Our servers record the processing of your information in a log file. This may include portions of your information. Access to log files is limited to authorized personnel and only for the purposes of investigating errors and other problems in our service.
- Web server logs: We use industry standard web server technology with access and error logging in the default configuration. This produces log files that contain your IP address, BAYweb user name and equipment information. We may use this information for performance analysis and for other investigation related to providing a reliable service. We don't use this information for any other purpose and it is not retained long term nor archived.
Why we may contact you
BAYweb may e-mail you information related to your BAYweb account or BAYweb services. Because we believe such information is important, you will not be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. If you fail to act upon instructions that we send you that in our opinion degrade the security or privacy of your information within a reasonable time, we may disable your account.
If you selected to receive news and promotional information when you registered your BAYweb account, we may email you such information from time to time. You can opt out at any time by editing your account settings.
Transfer and termination
Transfer of information. Personal information collected by BAYweb is stored and processed in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, by using BAYweb you consent to any transfer of information outside of your country.
You can terminate your account at any time by selecting the ""Remove Account"" button in your account settings. We take all practical precautions to delete all your information previously stored on our servers upon account deletion. We delete all your personal information from our databases. Note however that some or all of your information may still be recoverable from archives or from our hard drives by law enforcement agencies, even after deletion.
Last revised: October 23, 2012